Inn at Welland Goats Cheese Hash
This is the first of a series of recipes that our local the Inn at Welland supplied for our monthly newsletter last year. We thought it would be good to put them all into one place for you to use.
This is one of our favourites and is really easy, and tastes lovely!
Goats cheese hash brown, cranberry relish, leaf salad
Ingredients for the Hash Brown
2 peeled potatoes (Maris Piper)
20g Goats cheese (make into small ball)
Flour for dusting
Metal ring or cutter
Ingredients for the Relish
I onion diced
1 packet of fresh cranberries
1 clove garlic
White wine vinegar
1 large Bramley apple – grated
Method – The Hash Brown
- Boil the potatoes in salted water
- When the potatoes are still firm, remove & drain
- Grate the potato whilst warm, add herbs and seasoning
- Place some of the potato mix in a ring two thirds up the mould
- Make a well in the centre, place the goats cheese ball in
- Cover with more potato mix
- Remove from the ring and flour
- Deep fry, then place in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then serve
Method – The Relish
- Sweat down the onion and garlic and add the apple, then the cranberries
- Cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add a splash of white wine vinegar & red wine.
- Cook until the cranberries have broken down
- Add sugar to taste.